A 19-year-old man suffered a serious cut to his neck when he was attacked with a bottle in an Oxford beer garden.
The victim was hurt following an argument in the garden shared by the House Bar and The Bear pub in Blue Boar Street between 12.30am and 1am on Sunday. He was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital and has since been discharged.
A 24-year-old man from Garsington was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of wounding with intent and was released on police bail until Tuesday, September 16.
Thames Valley Police has today appealed for anyone with information about the attack to call them.
The force has described the attacker as white, in his mid 20s to early 30s, about 5ft 9in, and of a broad build.
They said he was with a group of people.
Investigating officer Det Con Christopher Gulvin, from Oxford Force CID, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident.
“The area was very busy and many people were present at the time. It was a beer garden shared by two pubs and we know a party was taking place at the time in the House Bar.
“Police are aware that two men helped the victim and provided first aid and I would like to trace these two men as they may have information which could help the investigation.
“Other people were also present within the offender’s group who haven’t yet come forward and may be able to assist. I have no doubt that many people witnessed this incident but as the victim was not aware immediately how serious his injury was they may have dismissed the incident as trivial.”
Call police on 101 with information.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon