IT IS amazing what you can do in 60 minutes.
A team of volunteers from BT was challenged to improve the outdoor facilities for residents at Townsend House, Headington, on Friday in just one hour.
They painted the summer house and repainted the patio to create a chess board effect.
Lee Palmer, head of volunteering at the St John Care Trust, which runs the home, said: “It was a glorious day and the number of residents who came out to watch was amazing.
“None of them could believe that people had come and given up their time to help them – for free.
“It was lovely, and will make a huge difference to their lives.”
Townsend resident Connie Wilson said: “I was absolutely delighted with the work that the staff from BT did.
“It is amazing that they were all volunteers and wanted to help the residents.
“It was lovely.
“I am looking forward to using the chess set and sitting outside.”
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech