A 36-year-old man accused of child sex offences has had a date set for his trial.
Tilal Mahdi, of Friars Street, Hereford, is accused of two counts of conspiracy to rape a girl under 16, conspiracy to indecently assault a girl under 16, conspiracy to have sexual activity with a child, trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation, arranging or facilitating child prostitution, rape and a further serious sexual offence. His trial is due to begin on January 19 next year.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year