A 36-year-old man accused of child sex offences has had a date set for his trial.
Tilal Mahdi, of Friars Street, Hereford, is accused of two counts of conspiracy to rape a girl under 16, conspiracy to indecently assault a girl under 16, conspiracy to have sexual activity with a child, trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation, arranging or facilitating child prostitution, rape and a further serious sexual offence. His trial is due to begin on January 19 next year.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon