THERE are reports that the smell which plagued Oxford residents on Monday and Tuesday, is still around today.
Lisa Lawrence, who lives in Sandhills, said she had called the environmental health telephone helpline but the operators had not been able to help her.
It follows speculation across the city as to what the source could be, which so far has left officials perplexed.
Local authorities, including Oxford City Council, last night said they were no closer to discovering the source of the odour than they were at the start of the day.
Ms Lawrence said: "Sandhills is once again in a stink zone and the Environmental Health telephone helpline is helpless to do anything at all.
"All I can liken the smell to is a rotting animal carcus in 100-degree heat, that I experienced in the Bahamas."
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
11:04am Monday 3rd August 2015
THREE teenagers have been arrested after a man was assaulted in Oxford Castle Quarter in the early hours of yesterday morning.
8:30am Monday 3rd August 2015
A LONG-SERVING taxi driver has become so exasperated with Oxford’s roads that he has quit and found a new job.
7:54am Monday 3rd August 2015
There are delays on the A4142 Eastern By-Pass Road due to a traffic light failure.
6:00am Monday 3rd August 2015
A DEVOTED fundraiser and Blackbird Leys resident of 50 years was among the first to tell her story on camera for a heritage project.
11:32am Sunday 2nd August 2015
PART of Oxford Castle Quarter is cordoned off after a man was attacked in the early hours of this morning.
11:17am Sunday 2nd August 2015
SUNLIGHT shining through the window of a house sparked a blaze in Sibford Gower.