THE mother of former Chelsea youth player Jordan Tabor has paid tribute to her son who died on holiday in Turkey on Wednesday.
Mr Tabor, 23, is believed to have fallen from his hotel room a week into the stay at the Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, Antalya.
Louise Bates, from Wootton, said the messages she has received about her son show how much he was loved.
She said: “He was our life, he was our son, he was our best friend. He had a kiss and a hug for everybody he ever met. He was a wonderful son and an amazing brother."
Mr Tabor was on holiday with his girlfriend Danielle McEachran, the sister of Chelsea and England under-21s midfielder Josh, who lives in Oxford.
Mr McEachran, who was with them in Turkey, tweeted: "Rest in peace my older brother Jordan Tabor. Love you forever mate! Can’t stop thinking about you bro!"
His girlfriend, soap star Brooke Vincent, also tweeted her tributes to Mr Tabor.
- Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation