A RARE Iron Age artefact discovered near Didcot may be allowed to leave the country unless £33,000 is raised by a Woodstock museum.
The Oxfordshire Museum needs to raise the funds by Friday, September 12, to retain the bronze mirror.
The charity Friends of the Oxfordshire Museum is urging residents to back the public appeal so they can display the mirror at the Park Street museum.
For more information and to donate, visit friendsoftom.co.uk
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year