A MAN was arrested for assault at the scene of an accident in St Aldate’s yesterday just metres away from the city’s police station.
The road was closed for 30 minutes and buses diverted as the police and the ambulance service were scrambled to the scene near Folly Bridge just after 4pm.
- The injured man was taken to hospital. While he was being treated a crowd arrived and trouble erupted. One man was arrested after being pinned down in the road
Paramedics started treating the crash victim and, as a crowd gathered, police had to arrest a man on suspicion of assault.
In our main picture, he is seen near the accident victim. In the photo he is seen being pinned down by three police officers.
- Police run to the scene
Police spokesman James Williams said: “It’s not clear at this stage whether the two incidents are linked.”
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes