‘COMMON sense has prevailed” said mum Lorna Mills after an appeal panel agreed that asking children to walk to school along the A40 was a bad idea.
The problem still remains that Oxfordshire County Council, for financial reasons, needs to scrap a free bus service for pupils from St Bartholomew’s School in Eynsham.
Hopefully the year’s grace for the service, because of this decision, allows the council to come up with a solution that meets its needs but does not compromise children’s safety.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year