‘COMMON sense has prevailed” said mum Lorna Mills after an appeal panel agreed that asking children to walk to school along the A40 was a bad idea.
The problem still remains that Oxfordshire County Council, for financial reasons, needs to scrap a free bus service for pupils from St Bartholomew’s School in Eynsham.
Hopefully the year’s grace for the service, because of this decision, allows the council to come up with a solution that meets its needs but does not compromise children’s safety.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech