ITV drama Downton Abbey came to Charlbury's St Mary’s Church yesterday.
Cast and crew of the international hit series were in the churchyard to shoot scenes between 8am and 10am.
The Rev Jan Fielden said the crew had been filming a scene for the Christmas special, featuring butler Charles Carson (Jim Carter) and housekeeper Elsie Hughes (Phyllis Logan). She said: “We met the actors. They were lovely.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year