ITV drama Downton Abbey came to Charlbury's St Mary’s Church yesterday.
Cast and crew of the international hit series were in the churchyard to shoot scenes between 8am and 10am.
The Rev Jan Fielden said the crew had been filming a scene for the Christmas special, featuring butler Charles Carson (Jim Carter) and housekeeper Elsie Hughes (Phyllis Logan). She said: “We met the actors. They were lovely.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon