Plans to turn a former railway siding into a 150-space car park will be put to councillors in Oxford for a decision tomorrow.
Frank Banner has applied to Oxford City Council for planning permission to turn the land off Osney Lane into a car park.
A planning officer said it is contrary to its planning policies but should go ahead to make up for a shortfall of spaces ahead of the redevelopment of the city’s Westgate Shopping Centre.
The west area planning committee will meet from 6.30pm in Oxford’s Town Hall in St Aldate’s.
The public can attend.
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community