A “TORNADO” swept through parts of Oxford on Saturday, damaging trees.
Residents in the Blackbird Leys area reported damage after the 6.15pm whirlwind.
An intense hailstorm lasted for about half an hour and the whirlwind was spotted in roads like Cuddesdon Way.
In Ladenham Road, part of a tree fell across three gardens, missing homes.
Architect Jonathan McIlwaine saw the storm at Tesco at Oxford Retail Park with son Dylan, three.
He said: “There were lots of black swirling clouds and then crack of thunder and what seemed like a tornado.”
“People were piled up against the entrance to see it.
“Dylan was a bit scared because the rain started to blow into the shop, but he was okay.”
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay