A CAR needed to be removed from an embankment by the M40 near Wendlebury, after it was involved in a collision.
Thames Valley Police said that the black Hyundai estate had been involved in a crash with a lorry.
A spokesman said: "It appears that the lorry was invovled in a collision with the car, which went into the hard shoulder.
"We have handed the matter over to the Highways Agency."
Emergency services were called at 1.55pm.
Heavy traffic is reported on the northbound carriageway between junctions 9 (Bicester) and 10 (Brackley, Cherwell services).
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her