LEAFIELD-based Formula 1 team Caterham has announced 40 staff redundancies.
It comes after it was bought up by a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors from Malaysian entrepreneur Tony Fernandes.
A Caterham spokesman said it was “a necessary step taken by the new owners... whose priority is the future of the team”.
The news was broken to employees earlier this week as the team prepared for Sunday’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today