LEAFIELD-based Formula 1 team Caterham has announced 40 staff redundancies.
It comes after it was bought up by a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors from Malaysian entrepreneur Tony Fernandes.
A Caterham spokesman said it was “a necessary step taken by the new owners... whose priority is the future of the team”.
The news was broken to employees earlier this week as the team prepared for Sunday’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year