TODAY it can be reported for the first time that 17-year-old Jake Blakeley helped his older brother bury the body of Jayden Parkinson.
The teenager has pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice after he aided Ben Blakeley in hiding his dead ex-girlfriend in a Didcot cemetery on December 8 last year.
But he denies preventing a lawful burial and claims he had no idea they were really hiding Jayden's body - he said his brother told him they were burying a dog and a cat.
Jake Blakeley, of Venners Water, Didcot, also said he was scared of his 22-year-old sibling and was afraid it would create trouble if he asked questions.
Ben Blakeley admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murder.
Both brothers are in custody and the trial continues.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation