TODAY it can be reported for the first time that 17-year-old Jake Blakeley helped his older brother bury the body of Jayden Parkinson.
The teenager has pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice after he aided Ben Blakeley in hiding his dead ex-girlfriend in a Didcot cemetery on December 8 last year.
But he denies preventing a lawful burial and claims he had no idea they were really hiding Jayden's body - he said his brother told him they were burying a dog and a cat.
Jake Blakeley, of Venners Water, Didcot, also said he was scared of his 22-year-old sibling and was afraid it would create trouble if he asked questions.
Ben Blakeley admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murder.
Both brothers are in custody and the trial continues.
Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website