A 52-year-old man was last night still missing in Witney following a police search over the weekend.
Polish man Andrzej Jedryka was reported missing at 12.30am on Saturday and police had said they were concerned about his welfare because of his state of mind when he left his home in Thorney Leys.
Officers searched areas including Witney Lake and Burwell Meadow and handed dog walkers posters with Mr Jedryka’s description and photograph.A police helicopter was also used.
Thames Valley Police described the missing man, who used to live in Colwell Drive, as white, slim, about 5ft 4in, with short hair and no teeth with glasses. The force said it was not known what he was wearing.
Jacek Mazurek, owner of Chopin Polish Deli in Corn Street, said Mr Jedryka was a customer and “a hard worker”. Mr Mazurek’s daughter Aga, 16, urged anyone with information to call 101. She said: “Witney’s Polish community will be concerned.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate