A SUMMER fete was held to bring a community together after three primary schools became academies.
Falconry, dog stunts, go-kart racing, choir singing and vegetable contests delighted crowds at Blackbird Academy Trust’s summer fete and show at Blackbird Leys Park on Saturday.
This was the first annual show since Pegasus School, Windale Community Primary School Orchard Meadow Primary School became academies.
Mother-of-three Charlene Walter has two children, Jasper, eight, and Isobelle, 10, at Pegasus. She said: “They both loved it. It’s bigger than ever.”
Money raised will help fund trips for pupils.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year