THE chief executive of the county’s hospital authority will address councillors about a critical inspection of Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital this week.
On Thursday Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust’s Sir Jonathan Michael will speak to the Oxfordshire Health & Wellbeing Board about May’s Care Quality Commission report.
It rated the trust as “good” but said the JR “requires improvement.” Concerns included lack of staff in surgery, maternity and operating theatres.
The committee will meet at County Hall, New Road, Oxford from 2pm. The public can attend.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit