TEENAGER Alex Cowan swapped science books for swords at the weekend.
The A-Level student trod the boards as King Arthur at the Oxford Playhouse.
He took the lead role in the Magdalen College School production of Idylls of the King by Lord Tennyson, adapted by associate of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Joanne Pearce.
Mr Cowan said: “Carrying the sword around was great fun but I needed to do lots of rehearsing.”
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit