TEENAGER Alex Cowan swapped science books for swords at the weekend.
The A-Level student trod the boards as King Arthur at the Oxford Playhouse.
He took the lead role in the Magdalen College School production of Idylls of the King by Lord Tennyson, adapted by associate of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Joanne Pearce.
Mr Cowan said: “Carrying the sword around was great fun but I needed to do lots of rehearsing.”
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community