TEENAGER Alex Cowan swapped science books for swords at the weekend.
The A-Level student trod the boards as King Arthur at the Oxford Playhouse.
He took the lead role in the Magdalen College School production of Idylls of the King by Lord Tennyson, adapted by associate of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Joanne Pearce.
Mr Cowan said: “Carrying the sword around was great fun but I needed to do lots of rehearsing.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech