TEENAGER Alex Cowan swapped science books for swords at the weekend.
The A-Level student trod the boards as King Arthur at the Oxford Playhouse.
He took the lead role in the Magdalen College School production of Idylls of the King by Lord Tennyson, adapted by associate of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Joanne Pearce.
Mr Cowan said: “Carrying the sword around was great fun but I needed to do lots of rehearsing.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay