HELENA Deakih and friend Aneta Brzakova were among more than 200 people in a charity bike ride yesterday.
The Oxford 100/50 challenge saw participants start at Oxpens Meadows and ride through the scenic Cotswold hills, taking a 100-mile or 50-mile route.
Ms Deakih, 39, of Berinsfield, said she and Ms Brzakova, 22, raised £150 for the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust. She said: “Aneta came after I asked her to do it with me – it’s nicer to do these things with friends.”
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street