HELENA Deakih and friend Aneta Brzakova were among more than 200 people in a charity bike ride yesterday.
The Oxford 100/50 challenge saw participants start at Oxpens Meadows and ride through the scenic Cotswold hills, taking a 100-mile or 50-mile route.
Ms Deakih, 39, of Berinsfield, said she and Ms Brzakova, 22, raised £150 for the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust. She said: “Aneta came after I asked her to do it with me – it’s nicer to do these things with friends.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay