HELENA Deakih and friend Aneta Brzakova were among more than 200 people in a charity bike ride yesterday.
The Oxford 100/50 challenge saw participants start at Oxpens Meadows and ride through the scenic Cotswold hills, taking a 100-mile or 50-mile route.
Ms Deakih, 39, of Berinsfield, said she and Ms Brzakova, 22, raised £150 for the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust. She said: “Aneta came after I asked her to do it with me – it’s nicer to do these things with friends.”
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community