HELENA Deakih and friend Aneta Brzakova were among more than 200 people in a charity bike ride yesterday.
The Oxford 100/50 challenge saw participants start at Oxpens Meadows and ride through the scenic Cotswold hills, taking a 100-mile or 50-mile route.
Ms Deakih, 39, of Berinsfield, said she and Ms Brzakova, 22, raised £150 for the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust. She said: “Aneta came after I asked her to do it with me – it’s nicer to do these things with friends.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech