MARLON May was making the most of Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre’s new facilities at the gym’s open day.
Last week the centre opened its doors to the public for free to celebrate the completion of the first phase of building.
The open day was delayed from Thursday, May 29 because of Oxford City Council elections.
Hosting his weekly circuit class, the fitness instructor said he was impressed by the new equipment and space at the centre.
The 34-year-old said: “It’s made it a pleasure to teach there. The new studio and new equipment is an absolute pleasure to use.’’ As well as new fitness studios, there is a new soft play centre for children. The Pegasus Road leisure centre’s £9m swimming complex is on target to finish in December.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech