MARLON May was making the most of Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre’s new facilities at the gym’s open day.
Last week the centre opened its doors to the public for free to celebrate the completion of the first phase of building.
The open day was delayed from Thursday, May 29 because of Oxford City Council elections.
Hosting his weekly circuit class, the fitness instructor said he was impressed by the new equipment and space at the centre.
The 34-year-old said: “It’s made it a pleasure to teach there. The new studio and new equipment is an absolute pleasure to use.’’ As well as new fitness studios, there is a new soft play centre for children. The Pegasus Road leisure centre’s £9m swimming complex is on target to finish in December.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes