BEN Blakeley described himself as "evil" when he was questioned by police about the disappearance of Jayden Parkinson.
This morning a jury at Oxford Crown Court was played a video of his third police interview on December 11 last year after being arrested on suspicion of kidnapping.
In the interview Blakeley refused to answer questions about the whereabouts of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend, who at that stage had been missing for nine days.
It is the prosecution case that Jayden was murdered by her 22-year-old boyfriend in open countryside south of Didcot on December 3 after she told him she was pregnant.
During the video interviewing officer DC Justin Walsh told Blakeley, who was wearing a dark hooded top with the hood pulled up, that he had "an awful habit of trying to manipulate this interview".
To this the suspect replied: "I'm an awful person. I'm an evil motherf*****, believe."
Blakeley was released on bail after the interview and arrested on suspicion of murder on the following day.
A statement from the officer who took him into custody said the suspect was shaking when handcuffs were put on him and had a claw hammer in his pocket.
Blakeley admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murder.
A 17-year-old who cannot be named admits perverting the course of justice but denies preventing a lawful burial.
The trial continues.
- You can subscribe to get alerts on the Jayden trial direct to your phone via our new WhatsApp service. Text JAYDEN and your full name to 07767 417704. Save the number in to your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes