MORE than 70 years ago he bravely risked his life for the freedom that we enjoy today.
And all war hero Jim Wright wants is to be properly rewarded along with his conrades for their actions in the Second World War.
Mr Wright, 91, has spent the last nine years campaigning for Bomber Command veterans to get the medal they deserve rather than what he rightly calls an “insignificant miserable little clasp”.
We hope the powers that be see sense.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community