MORE than 70 years ago he bravely risked his life for the freedom that we enjoy today.
And all war hero Jim Wright wants is to be properly rewarded along with his conrades for their actions in the Second World War.
Mr Wright, 91, has spent the last nine years campaigning for Bomber Command veterans to get the medal they deserve rather than what he rightly calls an “insignificant miserable little clasp”.
We hope the powers that be see sense.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year