MORE than 70 years ago he bravely risked his life for the freedom that we enjoy today.
And all war hero Jim Wright wants is to be properly rewarded along with his conrades for their actions in the Second World War.
Mr Wright, 91, has spent the last nine years campaigning for Bomber Command veterans to get the medal they deserve rather than what he rightly calls an “insignificant miserable little clasp”.
We hope the powers that be see sense.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon