MORE than 70 years ago he bravely risked his life for the freedom that we enjoy today.
And all war hero Jim Wright wants is to be properly rewarded along with his conrades for their actions in the Second World War.
Mr Wright, 91, has spent the last nine years campaigning for Bomber Command veterans to get the medal they deserve rather than what he rightly calls an “insignificant miserable little clasp”.
We hope the powers that be see sense.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech