MORE than 70 years ago he bravely risked his life for the freedom that we enjoy today.
And all war hero Jim Wright wants is to be properly rewarded along with his conrades for their actions in the Second World War.
Mr Wright, 91, has spent the last nine years campaigning for Bomber Command veterans to get the medal they deserve rather than what he rightly calls an “insignificant miserable little clasp”.
We hope the powers that be see sense.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay