Motorists in Oxfordshire have been advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for their journeys this weekend as the British Grand Prix is being staged at Silverstone.
The Highways Agency has said this will have a knock-on effect on traffic on the M40 through Oxfordshire and the A43.
Steve Parker, emergency planning officer for the Highways Agency, said: “About 230,000 people are expected to attend over the course of the three days.
“Motorists using the roads in the area over this weekend should plan their journey in advance and leave extra time, as the roads on the approach to the Silverstone circuit are likely to be busy.”
On July 4, 5 and 6, the A43 will be closed to through traffic between Brackley and Towcester.
The road will be closed from 5am until 9pm each day and non-race traffic has been advised to avoid the area.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon