DETECTIVES have been given a further 12 hours to question five men arrested on suspicion of grooming and abusing young teenage girls.
The men – aged between 18 and 21 - were arrested in 6am raids in Banbury yesterday and are suspected of serious sex crimes against three girls aged between 13 and 16 in the town between 2011 and this year.
A sixth man, aged 20, was arrested later yesterday morning and can be held for another three hours before police have to release him or apply to extend the time he can be held for.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation