DETECTIVES have been given a further 12 hours to question five men arrested on suspicion of grooming and abusing young teenage girls.
The men – aged between 18 and 21 - were arrested in 6am raids in Banbury yesterday and are suspected of serious sex crimes against three girls aged between 13 and 16 in the town between 2011 and this year.
A sixth man, aged 20, was arrested later yesterday morning and can be held for another three hours before police have to release him or apply to extend the time he can be held for.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website