More than 100 servicemen and women from RAF Benson will parade through the town today to celebrate the base’s 75th anniversary.
Starting east of the Thames Bridge at 4pm, troops will march into the town with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed. In the Market Square they will be greeted by Mayor of Wallingford Jane Titchener and a reviewing officer.
The parade will be followed by a civic reception on the Kinecroft with a Puma helicopter, stands showing RAF Benson’s history and music.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes