More than 100 servicemen and women from RAF Benson will parade through the town today to celebrate the base’s 75th anniversary.
Starting east of the Thames Bridge at 4pm, troops will march into the town with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed. In the Market Square they will be greeted by Mayor of Wallingford Jane Titchener and a reviewing officer.
The parade will be followed by a civic reception on the Kinecroft with a Puma helicopter, stands showing RAF Benson’s history and music.
- Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK