More than 100 servicemen and women from RAF Benson will parade through the town today to celebrate the base’s 75th anniversary.
Starting east of the Thames Bridge at 4pm, troops will march into the town with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed. In the Market Square they will be greeted by Mayor of Wallingford Jane Titchener and a reviewing officer.
The parade will be followed by a civic reception on the Kinecroft with a Puma helicopter, stands showing RAF Benson’s history and music.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay