More than 100 servicemen and women from RAF Benson will parade through the town today to celebrate the base’s 75th anniversary.
Starting east of the Thames Bridge at 4pm, troops will march into the town with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed. In the Market Square they will be greeted by Mayor of Wallingford Jane Titchener and a reviewing officer.
The parade will be followed by a civic reception on the Kinecroft with a Puma helicopter, stands showing RAF Benson’s history and music.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year