More than 100 servicemen and women from RAF Benson will parade through the town today to celebrate the base’s 75th anniversary.
Starting east of the Thames Bridge at 4pm, troops will march into the town with drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed. In the Market Square they will be greeted by Mayor of Wallingford Jane Titchener and a reviewing officer.
The parade will be followed by a civic reception on the Kinecroft with a Puma helicopter, stands showing RAF Benson’s history and music.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon