A man in his 70s was found dead in a Botley Road hotel in Oxford.
Police were called to the River Hotel alongside the Thames at 12.30pm yesterday.
Thames Valley Police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious.
The man’s family have been informed.
A passer-by told the Oxford Mail that there were three police cars outside the hotel, as well as an ambulance.
The River Hotel declined to comment.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon