A man in his 70s was found dead in a Botley Road hotel in Oxford.
Police were called to the River Hotel alongside the Thames at 12.30pm yesterday.
Thames Valley Police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious.
The man’s family have been informed.
A passer-by told the Oxford Mail that there were three police cars outside the hotel, as well as an ambulance.
The River Hotel declined to comment.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community