A man in his 70s was found dead in a Botley Road hotel in Oxford.
Police were called to the River Hotel alongside the Thames at 12.30pm yesterday.
Thames Valley Police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious.
The man’s family have been informed.
A passer-by told the Oxford Mail that there were three police cars outside the hotel, as well as an ambulance.
The River Hotel declined to comment.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year