MOSAIC artist Becky Paton unveiled her latest work this week, a joint project with pupils at Beckley C of E Primary School.
The former red telephone box has been converted into a miniature art gallery and decorated with its first exhibition – marine life mosaics created by the school entitled Telequarium.
Year 5 pupil Leila Branfoot, 10, said: “Everybody in the school did a bit each and I did a turquoise fish with orange eyes. The mosaics looked really good.
“Our exhibition is going to be in there until September.”
Nine-year-old Lucy Walton, in Year 4, added: “Becky showed us how to make mosaics and making them beautiful was really fun.”
The phone box will be used to host other exhibitions.
A renowned Oxford-based mosaic artist, Ms Paton runs regular mosaic workshops in Beckley Village Hall.”
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today