MOSAIC artist Becky Paton unveiled her latest work this week, a joint project with pupils at Beckley C of E Primary School.
The former red telephone box has been converted into a miniature art gallery and decorated with its first exhibition – marine life mosaics created by the school entitled Telequarium.
Year 5 pupil Leila Branfoot, 10, said: “Everybody in the school did a bit each and I did a turquoise fish with orange eyes. The mosaics looked really good.
“Our exhibition is going to be in there until September.”
Nine-year-old Lucy Walton, in Year 4, added: “Becky showed us how to make mosaics and making them beautiful was really fun.”
The phone box will be used to host other exhibitions.
A renowned Oxford-based mosaic artist, Ms Paton runs regular mosaic workshops in Beckley Village Hall.”
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate