A WOMAN was grabbed and sexually assaulted by two men in a churchyard in Oxford last night.
Police have said this afternoon the 18-year-old woman was walking through St James’ Cemetery between Beauchamp Lane and Church Hill Road, Cowley, at about 11.30pm.
Two men approached her before one of them grabbed her.
The other man then sexually assaulted her, Det Con Gurinder Sangha said.
The woman suffered a black eye and scratches to her face and needed hospital treatment but has been discharged.
There is no description of the men yet, a police spokesman said.
Dc Sangha said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area of St James’ Cemetery at about 11.30pm last night to contact police. Your help might assist our enquiries, so if you do have any information please call us.
“We are conducting a thorough investigation into the offence.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call Dc Sangha on the police number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street