A WOMAN was grabbed and sexually assaulted by two men in a churchyard in Oxford last night.
Police have said this afternoon the 18-year-old woman was walking through St James’ Cemetery between Beauchamp Lane and Church Hill Road, Cowley, at about 11.30pm.
Two men approached her before one of them grabbed her.
The other man then sexually assaulted her, Det Con Gurinder Sangha said.
The woman suffered a black eye and scratches to her face and needed hospital treatment but has been discharged.
There is no description of the men yet, a police spokesman said.
Dc Sangha said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area of St James’ Cemetery at about 11.30pm last night to contact police. Your help might assist our enquiries, so if you do have any information please call us.
“We are conducting a thorough investigation into the offence.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call Dc Sangha on the police number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK