AFTER a 12-month wait, a new rector has finally been appointed to the Bicester benefice.
The Rev Verena Breed will lead the four churches – St Edburg’s in Bicester, St Laurence’s in Caversfield, St Mary’s in Launton and St Peter’s in Bucknell.
Mrs Breed will take up residence in Bicester with her husband and two teenage children over the summer.
St Edburg’s has been without a Rector since July last year when Canon Theresa Scott retired.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street