AFTER a 12-month wait, a new rector has finally been appointed to the Bicester benefice.
The Rev Verena Breed will lead the four churches – St Edburg’s in Bicester, St Laurence’s in Caversfield, St Mary’s in Launton and St Peter’s in Bucknell.
Mrs Breed will take up residence in Bicester with her husband and two teenage children over the summer.
St Edburg’s has been without a Rector since July last year when Canon Theresa Scott retired.
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community