AFTER a 12-month wait, a new rector has finally been appointed to the Bicester benefice.
The Rev Verena Breed will lead the four churches – St Edburg’s in Bicester, St Laurence’s in Caversfield, St Mary’s in Launton and St Peter’s in Bucknell.
Mrs Breed will take up residence in Bicester with her husband and two teenage children over the summer.
St Edburg’s has been without a Rector since July last year when Canon Theresa Scott retired.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech