VOLUNTEERS believe they have created a haven for bees in woodland that will border a major housing estate.
The Witney Woodland Volunteers have planted flower beds that will attract the insects in Deer Park Wood.
It is next to a site on the edge of West Witney where 1,000 homes are due to be built, starting later this year.
The work has won recognition from national conservation group, the Friends of the Earth.
Group member Juliet Curry said: “The bees are in such danger and this gives us a bit of status.
“It’s a great place for families to visit.
“We’re right next to two big housing estates and there’s another giant one coming right on our doorstep, so this will be the green lungs of Witney.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today