A POLICE helicopter has been brought in to search for a woman reported missing from her Oxford home.
Police officers are now looking for Joycelyn Gittens, of Kestrel Crescent, Blackbird Leys.
The 49-year-old was last seen at her home by a relative at 2pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman confirmed that a National Police Air Service helicopter was taking part in the search today.
She also said that they had not yet received any sightings of Joycelyn.
Joycelyn is black, 5ft 6ins, of slim build with black curly hair. She is known to wear glasses.
She is believed to be wearing a blue blouse and a black cardigan.
PC Colin Reid, from Oxford police station, said: “I am appealing for anyone with any information about Joycelyn’s whereabouts to contact police.
“This is out of character for her to leave home alone so I would ask any member of the public to report any sightings of her as soon as possible.
“If you see anyone matching Joycelyn’s description please call our 24-hour Thames Valley Police inquiry centre.”
Police were said to be "very concerned" for Joycelyn's welfare.
Officers were today carrying out door-to-door inquiries and performing area searches around Blackbird Leys.
Anyone with any information about where Joycelyn could be can call 101, quoting URN 1178 13/6
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her