A CAFE sign fell down in Cowley Road, Oxford, yesterday.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and was lying across a pavement.
Police were called at 1.14am and put tape around the building to restrict access to it and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy Heo, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe, two shops away, said: “The sign had just broken off. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said officers would inspect the sign before referring it to building control surveyors.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon