A CAFE sign fell down in Cowley Road, Oxford, yesterday.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and was lying across a pavement.
Police were called at 1.14am and put tape around the building to restrict access to it and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy Heo, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe, two shops away, said: “The sign had just broken off. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said officers would inspect the sign before referring it to building control surveyors.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech