A CAFE sign fell down in Cowley Road, Oxford, yesterday.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and was lying across a pavement.
Police were called at 1.14am and put tape around the building to restrict access to it and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy Heo, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe, two shops away, said: “The sign had just broken off. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said officers would inspect the sign before referring it to building control surveyors.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year