A CAFE sign fell down in Cowley Road, Oxford, yesterday.
The white signage for Millefeuille cafe and patisserie broke off and was lying across a pavement.
Police were called at 1.14am and put tape around the building to restrict access to it and premises on each side, including Baltic Food and the Greek Taverna restaurant.
Amy Heo, supervisor at Rick’s Cafe, two shops away, said: “The sign had just broken off. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean said officers would inspect the sign before referring it to building control surveyors.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community