A JUDGE has deferred sentencing a man who stole handbags from women in pubs and bars in Oxford.
Judge Patrick Eccles said he will sentence James Lennon, 40, in September after he admitted three counts of theft and another of handling stolen goods from October and November last year.
At Oxford Crown Court yesterday, Judge Eccles said he wanted Lennon, who is coming to the end of a drug rehabilitation requirement order, to stay off drugs in the meantime.
He said: “If you do not comply with these conditions I am likely to take a view your pattern of offending has not been broken.”
He will be sentenced on September 12.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes