A JUDGE has deferred sentencing a man who stole handbags from women in pubs and bars in Oxford.
Judge Patrick Eccles said he will sentence James Lennon, 40, in September after he admitted three counts of theft and another of handling stolen goods from October and November last year.
At Oxford Crown Court yesterday, Judge Eccles said he wanted Lennon, who is coming to the end of a drug rehabilitation requirement order, to stay off drugs in the meantime.
He said: “If you do not comply with these conditions I am likely to take a view your pattern of offending has not been broken.”
He will be sentenced on September 12.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay