HOLLYWOOD star Harrison Ford has reportedly been taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital after being hit by a hydraulic door while filming the new Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old was filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he was hit by the falling door.
He was then taken to the Headington hospital by air ambulance with a suspected fracture to his ankle.
Lucasfilm has confirmed the actor had broken his ankle.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.
"The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
"The Health and Safety Executive is investigating."
A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.
"Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 4.24pm to Pinewood to reports of a 71-year-old male who had sustained an injury to his ankle from a door that had fallen."
The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford, who plays Han Solo.
8:30am Saturday 29th August 2015
A TOP transplant surgeon has backed the Oxford Mail organ donation campaign saying more donors are needed than ever before.
9:00am Saturday 29th August 2015
A RAPIST who disappeared before his trial to escape justice is believed to have had a second passport he could have used to flee the country.
8:00am Saturday 29th August 2015
MOVING tributes were paid to Carole Roberts yesterday at the former Lord Mayor of Oxford’s funeral.
7:00am Saturday 29th August 2015
SEVEN men have appeared in court accused of a catalogue of sex offences against children including raping underage girls.
6:30am Saturday 29th August 2015
PLANS for an Oxford Garden City could return as the Vale looks to accommodate 4,000 new homes.
6:00am Saturday 29th August 2015
FULL plans have been revealed for 140 new homes in Littlemore near Heyford Hill Sainsbury’s.