A 40-YEAR-OLD has avoided a prison sentence for causing death by careless driving after a crash on the A34.
Steffan Leach, of Cherwell Drive, Birmingham, crashed his Mercedes Sprinter van into a Porsche Carrera on the southbound carriageway of the A34 at Weston-on-the-Green, near Bicester, on March 14 last year Guy Sturdey, 43, from Tamworth, Staffordshire, was fatally injured in the collision and died at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital on March 19.
Leach, who pleaded guilty, was ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid community work at Oxford Crown Court. He was also banned from driving for 12 months and told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street