A 40-YEAR-OLD has avoided a prison sentence for causing death by careless driving after a crash on the A34.
Steffan Leach, of Cherwell Drive, Birmingham, crashed his Mercedes Sprinter van into a Porsche Carrera on the southbound carriageway of the A34 at Weston-on-the-Green, near Bicester, on March 14 last year Guy Sturdey, 43, from Tamworth, Staffordshire, was fatally injured in the collision and died at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital on March 19.
Leach, who pleaded guilty, was ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid community work at Oxford Crown Court. He was also banned from driving for 12 months and told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech