A 40-YEAR-OLD has avoided a prison sentence for causing death by careless driving after a crash on the A34.
Steffan Leach, of Cherwell Drive, Birmingham, crashed his Mercedes Sprinter van into a Porsche Carrera on the southbound carriageway of the A34 at Weston-on-the-Green, near Bicester, on March 14 last year Guy Sturdey, 43, from Tamworth, Staffordshire, was fatally injured in the collision and died at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital on March 19.
Leach, who pleaded guilty, was ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid community work at Oxford Crown Court. He was also banned from driving for 12 months and told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge.
Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK