The police commander for West Oxfordshire and Cherwell has taken time out from the role to oversee the introduction of a new code of ethics.
Supt Colin Paine is working to introduce the College of Policing’s new ethics code across Thames Valley Police.
Acting Supt Kath Lowe has temporarily taken over the area commander job.
Last night the force could not say how long Supt Paine will be away from his post.
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community