POLICE are investigating the attempted robbery of a 35-year-old man by two men on bicycles in the early hours of Sunday.
The encounter happened at aboput 2am in Rodger Dudman Way, Oxford, where the men threatened him while asking him to hand over his belongings. They left without success.
Those same men were that day between 12am and 4am seen stealing bicycle parts on that street, as well as Dudman Way. One man’s bike had a children’s trailer attached to it.
Thames Valley Police said the first offender was about 5ft and 8in with a white and tanned complexion. He had some facial hair and was wearing a brown and cream coloured sleeveless jacket and a baseball cap. The second was taller and thinner and also wore a baseball cap.
Those with information should call PC Kim Pringle on the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech