POLICE are investigating the attempted robbery of a 35-year-old man by two men on bicycles in the early hours of Sunday.
The encounter happened at aboput 2am in Rodger Dudman Way, Oxford, where the men threatened him while asking him to hand over his belongings. They left without success.
Those same men were that day between 12am and 4am seen stealing bicycle parts on that street, as well as Dudman Way. One man’s bike had a children’s trailer attached to it.
Thames Valley Police said the first offender was about 5ft and 8in with a white and tanned complexion. He had some facial hair and was wearing a brown and cream coloured sleeveless jacket and a baseball cap. The second was taller and thinner and also wore a baseball cap.
Those with information should call PC Kim Pringle on the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon