Thames Valley Police has called in the police watchdog to look at its handling of an unexplained death of a woman last year.
Caron Kiernan died aged 54 in Charlton-on-Otmoor, near Kidlington, on December 19, 2013.
The force was required to refer itself to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) because Ms Kiernan had recent contact with the police before she died.
The date for an inquest into her death has not been set.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech