7:40am Saturday 31st May 2014
THE jury has gone out in the trial of a man accused of eight counts of rape in Oxford.
Lewyn Rudge, 26, of Valentia Road, Headington, denies the charges – as well as five counts of causing actual bodily harm – in relation to two women.
Graham Smith, prosecuting, told Oxford Crown Court the alleged offences took place between August 2008 and January last year.
The jury will continue its deliberations on Monday.
Our top stories:
7:00am Saturday 31st January 2015
A 91-YEAR-OLD who served as a verger at the burial of Sir Winston Churchill has recounted the historic day 50 years on.
6:30am Saturday 31st January 2015
FOR years Mike Cross was confused about why a football match he was playing in as a 16-year-old was suspended as a train went past.
6:20am Saturday 31st January 2015
A £6 MILLION revamp to a shopping centre in Oxford has been completed to make it “bigger” and “brighter”.
6:00am Saturday 31st January 2015
HOUSEHOLDS fear removing trees from railway sidings has exposed them to more noise and vibrations as a survey revealed homes had historical structural damage.
9:00am Friday 30th January 2015
THE family of man who escaped a mental hospital, fled abroad then hanged himself in a prison cell have said he was let down by Oxford Health.
12:06pm Thursday 29th January 2015
SNOW has been forecast for Oxfordshire over the weekend and a yellow weather warning is still in place for today.
© Copyright 2001-2015 Newsquest Media Group