A First World War project that began in Oxford has been praised by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The online project called Europeana 1914-1918 collects private testimonies and pictures.
Chancellor Merkel said: “I think it is quite a wonderful initiative.”
Dr Stuart Lee of Oxford University’s English Faculty and IT Services said: “It is wonderful to see an Oxford-initiated project now being picked up and discussed by one of the main leaders of a European country.”
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year