A First World War project that began in Oxford has been praised by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The online project called Europeana 1914-1918 collects private testimonies and pictures.
Chancellor Merkel said: “I think it is quite a wonderful initiative.”
Dr Stuart Lee of Oxford University’s English Faculty and IT Services said: “It is wonderful to see an Oxford-initiated project now being picked up and discussed by one of the main leaders of a European country.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today