A First World War project that began in Oxford has been praised by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The online project called Europeana 1914-1918 collects private testimonies and pictures.
Chancellor Merkel said: “I think it is quite a wonderful initiative.”
Dr Stuart Lee of Oxford University’s English Faculty and IT Services said: “It is wonderful to see an Oxford-initiated project now being picked up and discussed by one of the main leaders of a European country.”
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon