A First World War project that began in Oxford has been praised by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The online project called Europeana 1914-1918 collects private testimonies and pictures.
Chancellor Merkel said: “I think it is quite a wonderful initiative.”
Dr Stuart Lee of Oxford University’s English Faculty and IT Services said: “It is wonderful to see an Oxford-initiated project now being picked up and discussed by one of the main leaders of a European country.”
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community