Man rescued after oven fire in Thame

Man rescued after his dinner caught fire

Man rescued after his dinner caught fire

First published in News
Last updated
Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Blackbird Leys and Greater Leys. Call me on 01865 425403

A MAN in Thame had to be rescued by fire crews yesterday after his oven caught fire while he was cooking.

Two crews from Thame put out the fire in his oven and led the man to safety.

His neighbour, in Van Diemens Road, called the fire service at about 3.30pm after hearing a smoke alarm and smelling burning.

Crew manager Kevin Morgan said: "The occupant was very fortunate that his smoke alarm alerted his neighbour, this situation could have been far more serious had the neighbour not been so vigilant."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree