THESE youngsters made a splash in a project that challenged them to build a model speedboat.
The five-week course saw teenagers from Oxfordshire schools work with Berinsfield’s luxury boat builders Williams Performance Tenders.
Each Saturday since early April the youngsters worked in pairs on their creations at the firm’s Berinsfield workshop.
And last weekend they got to see whose boat was best.
Cameron Rogers, 15, who goes to Fitzharry’s School, Abingdon, said his boat narrowly missed out on first place.
He said: “It was pretty good, but we flipped it twice because it was too fast.
“The course was really good fun. I’d like to do it again, it was a really good experience.”
The boys also got a ride around the lake on one of Williams’ bespoke speedboats.
Cameron, of Berinsfield, said the course had inspired him to work harder to get the qualifications he needs to study engineering.
He said: “I would like to do electricals and engineering, it’s just about getting those grades.”
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation