THESE youngsters made a splash in a project that challenged them to build a model speedboat.
The five-week course saw teenagers from Oxfordshire schools work with Berinsfield’s luxury boat builders Williams Performance Tenders.
Each Saturday since early April the youngsters worked in pairs on their creations at the firm’s Berinsfield workshop.
And last weekend they got to see whose boat was best.
Cameron Rogers, 15, who goes to Fitzharry’s School, Abingdon, said his boat narrowly missed out on first place.
He said: “It was pretty good, but we flipped it twice because it was too fast.
“The course was really good fun. I’d like to do it again, it was a really good experience.”
The boys also got a ride around the lake on one of Williams’ bespoke speedboats.
Cameron, of Berinsfield, said the course had inspired him to work harder to get the qualifications he needs to study engineering.
He said: “I would like to do electricals and engineering, it’s just about getting those grades.”
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website