A COUNCIL has pledged action over commuter parking around Radley train station after concerns it was taking too long to tackle problems.
Oxfordshire County Council said in December it would put forward plans in the New Year about parking problems in the village, near Abingdon.
Residents were concerned drivers were parking on village streets to avoid £3-a-day charges at the station that were introduced early last year.
Some warned parking on the narrow village roads was “an accident waiting to happen”.
Council spokesman Martin Crabtree said a scheme could be implemented in the spring.
He said any costs would be funded by First Great Western, which owns the stations. FGW declined to comment.
He said: “The county council is aware of the concerns raised locally regarding problem parking in the village.
“We have had discussions with the parish council and are in the process of drawing up proposals for parking restrictions. We aim to make the full details of what we are proposing in the next few weeks through a local consultation.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation