A NURSERY formerly rated as outstanding has been downgraded to good after a re-inspection.
Kidsunlimited Nurseries in Milton Park, Abingdon, was visited by Ofsted at the beginning of April and downgraded.
When it was inspected in 2010 it was told it was outstanding in all areas. Inspector Victoria Weir who visited the site, which looks after 176 children up to the age of five, said: “Occasionally children spend too long waiting during transition times in preschool.”
She added: “Children in preschool do not always develop their attention and listening during group activities as sometimes the group is too large.”
But she said: “Staff have a warm and caring rapport with the children which helps them form strong attachments. They are knowledgeable about children’s individual needs and this promotes their emotional well-being effectively. There are very good relationships with parents and other agencies involved in children's care, learning and development.
“This provides continuity, a smooth transition to nursery and enables all children to reach their full potential.”
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES