A NURSERY formerly rated as outstanding has been downgraded to good after a re-inspection.
Kidsunlimited Nurseries in Milton Park, Abingdon, was visited by Ofsted at the beginning of April and downgraded.
When it was inspected in 2010 it was told it was outstanding in all areas. Inspector Victoria Weir who visited the site, which looks after 176 children up to the age of five, said: “Occasionally children spend too long waiting during transition times in preschool.”
She added: “Children in preschool do not always develop their attention and listening during group activities as sometimes the group is too large.”
But she said: “Staff have a warm and caring rapport with the children which helps them form strong attachments. They are knowledgeable about children’s individual needs and this promotes their emotional well-being effectively. There are very good relationships with parents and other agencies involved in children's care, learning and development.
“This provides continuity, a smooth transition to nursery and enables all children to reach their full potential.”
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website