A duo embarked upon a 14-mile three-legged walk in memory of a four-month-old baby who lost his battle with a rare congenital disease three years ago.
Nadine Ludlow, 31, and Nikki Lane, 32, braved the rain together to raise funds for the Newborn Intensive Care Unit at John Radcliffe Hospital yesterday.
The care unit had supported young William Radley, who died in 2011 from Kabuki Syndrome.
Ms Ludlow said: “I had the pleasure of meeting William. He was a very special boy.”
The pair set off from The Batt Church of England Primary School in Witney before reaching Oxford’s Children’s Hospital seven hours later. They both work at Scott’s House Nursery, in Eynsham Park, which William’s sister Eva, four, used to attend.
William’s father Steven Radley said: “It is fantastic when people raise money in William’s name. Nikki and Nadine have raised thousands and thousands of pounds for him. I’m so grateful.”
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES