A duo embarked upon a 14-mile three-legged walk in memory of a four-month-old baby who lost his battle with a rare congenital disease three years ago.
Nadine Ludlow, 31, and Nikki Lane, 32, braved the rain together to raise funds for the Newborn Intensive Care Unit at John Radcliffe Hospital yesterday.
The care unit had supported young William Radley, who died in 2011 from Kabuki Syndrome.
Ms Ludlow said: “I had the pleasure of meeting William. He was a very special boy.”
The pair set off from The Batt Church of England Primary School in Witney before reaching Oxford’s Children’s Hospital seven hours later. They both work at Scott’s House Nursery, in Eynsham Park, which William’s sister Eva, four, used to attend.
William’s father Steven Radley said: “It is fantastic when people raise money in William’s name. Nikki and Nadine have raised thousands and thousands of pounds for him. I’m so grateful.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website