A BURNING dinner was mistaken for a house fire in Blackbird Leys.
Two fire crews, from Slade Park and Rewley Road, went to the house in Juniper Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and noticed the smell of smoke.
No one was inside, but a small pan of food was slightly burning on the stove.
Firefighters climbed into the house through an open window and cleared the smoke before any damage was caused, with the homeowner coming back as the crews were leaving.
The incident took place on Tuesday, but fire crews have only just released the information.
A Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman was unable to tell the Oxford Mail at what time it happened.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops