MAGIC tricks and entertaining illusions are the themes of a new show.
Magicians Rhys Morgan and Rob West will take their tricks back to the Victorian era for their Parlour Tricks performance.
They met while studying science at Oxford University and have since put on hit shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Mr Morgan, 26, from Headington, said: “Parlour Tricks is going back to a more traditional magic show. It is a lot of family fun.
“We started doing magic in December 2007. We were both students at Oxford and we did a lot of amateur dramatics and we discovered that we were both into magic.”
Mr Morgan studied physics at St John’s College, while 27-year-old Mr West, from Deddington, studied chemistry at Christ Church.
Mr Morgan wears a blindfold in the show in a trick to test the senses.
He said: “We both like making people laugh and smile.
“We are both scientists at heart.
“Come prepared for a mixture of conjuring, mind-reading and a little bit of time travel.”
The show takes place at the Old Fire Station, in George Street, Oxford on Saturday, May 31, at 2.30pm and 7pm.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website