MAGIC tricks and entertaining illusions are the themes of a new show.
Magicians Rhys Morgan and Rob West will take their tricks back to the Victorian era for their Parlour Tricks performance.
They met while studying science at Oxford University and have since put on hit shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Mr Morgan, 26, from Headington, said: “Parlour Tricks is going back to a more traditional magic show. It is a lot of family fun.
“We started doing magic in December 2007. We were both students at Oxford and we did a lot of amateur dramatics and we discovered that we were both into magic.”
Mr Morgan studied physics at St John’s College, while 27-year-old Mr West, from Deddington, studied chemistry at Christ Church.
Mr Morgan wears a blindfold in the show in a trick to test the senses.
He said: “We both like making people laugh and smile.
“We are both scientists at heart.
“Come prepared for a mixture of conjuring, mind-reading and a little bit of time travel.”
The show takes place at the Old Fire Station, in George Street, Oxford on Saturday, May 31, at 2.30pm and 7pm.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation