COUNCILLOR Mark Cherry has been suspended by the Labour Party after a allegedly posting a tweet which compared Conservative Party policy to the Holocaust.
A spokesman for the Labour Party said there would now be an investigation into the issue.
Banbury MP Sir Tony Baldry wrote to Labour leader Ed Miliband earlier this week saying the tweet was “intolerable”.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate