COUNCILLOR Mark Cherry has been suspended by the Labour Party after a allegedly posting a tweet which compared Conservative Party policy to the Holocaust.
A spokesman for the Labour Party said there would now be an investigation into the issue.
Banbury MP Sir Tony Baldry wrote to Labour leader Ed Miliband earlier this week saying the tweet was “intolerable”.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards