COUNCILLOR Mark Cherry has been suspended by the Labour Party after a allegedly posting a tweet which compared Conservative Party policy to the Holocaust.
A spokesman for the Labour Party said there would now be an investigation into the issue.
Banbury MP Sir Tony Baldry wrote to Labour leader Ed Miliband earlier this week saying the tweet was “intolerable”.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit