COUNCILLOR Mark Cherry has been suspended by the Labour Party after a allegedly posting a tweet which compared Conservative Party policy to the Holocaust.
A spokesman for the Labour Party said there would now be an investigation into the issue.
Banbury MP Sir Tony Baldry wrote to Labour leader Ed Miliband earlier this week saying the tweet was “intolerable”.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK