DAZZLING lights and handmade lanterns were pride of place at an Artweeks exhibition.
Will Griffiths spent nearly 10 hours crafting each shade.
And now the 21-year-old student from Oxford, pictured, is able to show his work.
Mr Griffiths, in his final year of a BA in Furniture Design at the Rycotewood Furniture Centre in Oxpens Road, said: “They were made for a project as part of my final year. We had to make a minimum batch of five. It takes about a day to make one.”
The 40cm tall ash and aeroply lanterns will be on display at the City of Oxford College at the weekend.
He added: “This is the first-time I have exhibited at Rycotewood. It was nice to get feedback from the public to what they think of our designs.
This is one of many exhibitions taking place this week across the city as part of Artweeks.
- Visit www.artweeks.org
- Top News
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops