DAZZLING lights and handmade lanterns were pride of place at an Artweeks exhibition.
Will Griffiths spent nearly 10 hours crafting each shade.
And now the 21-year-old student from Oxford, pictured, is able to show his work.
Mr Griffiths, in his final year of a BA in Furniture Design at the Rycotewood Furniture Centre in Oxpens Road, said: “They were made for a project as part of my final year. We had to make a minimum batch of five. It takes about a day to make one.”
The 40cm tall ash and aeroply lanterns will be on display at the City of Oxford College at the weekend.
He added: “This is the first-time I have exhibited at Rycotewood. It was nice to get feedback from the public to what they think of our designs.
This is one of many exhibitions taking place this week across the city as part of Artweeks.
- Visit www.artweeks.org
- Top News
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation