MORE free identity tags have been issued to dog owners in the Cherwell District Council area this year.
During 2013/2014, Cherwell District Council issued 865 identity tags for dogs, up from 562 the previous year.
In November last year the scheme received the RSPCA’s Innovator Award.
The tags contain an identification number which, when cross-referenced with Cherwell’s database, provide contact details and addresses for the dog’s owner.
For further information visit cherwell.gov.uk
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website